Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

Spilling the beans!

I honestly thought that I would want to keep this a secret for a while! We weren't expecting it to happen this early (hadn't officially started trying yet) and I felt unsure that everything was going to work out. I have been pretty scared of miscarriage since the moment I got a positive test! Well, it turns out that I'm not very good at keeping my own secrets! I went to the doctor on Friday to confirm the pregnancy and who knows what else. Well, the doc that I saw was a real jerk and kept asking me how long we've been trying and I kept saying "we weren't." Eventually, I thought she was trying to make a point or something so I told her that we are happy about this, it's just a surprise. Then she said, "Well, the test is negative." Then she just sat there writing in my chart. Why did she let me go on and on and then tell me 1/2 way through the exam that it was negative? Luckily, I'm smarter than her and I didn't believe her. Afterall, I'd just taken that 3rd test that morning and it was more obvious than the previous two! I told the doc to do a blood test and she looked at me like I'm a moron. She did it after I kept telling her too. I went to get another pack of pregnancy tests on the way home, 'cause I was feeling like I was insane. I took one and it came back positive. All that worry for nothing. I felt like Rachel in the FRIENDS episode where Phoebe tells her the test is negative just to show her she wanted the baby! I was thrilled to see that 4th positive test! Yay! Robin called to ask a question about going out with Amy and Rebecca that night and I totally spilled the beans to her! Oops!

Comments:
And that was the night of BINGO!
I wondered why you didn't get a beer with the rest of us...it is ALL COMING TOGETHER! :)

I AM SO HAPPY!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?