Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Mike and Heather are gonna have a baby!

Well, I took a home pregnancy test on Wednesday (9/27) morning. My first thought as I stared at it was, "How funny, it looks like 2 lines!" Then I put on my glasses and looked again...there were definately two lines and immediately I was embarassed! I'm 26! I'm a biology teacher! This should not have snuck up on me!
I went straight to work and didn't say a word to anyone. I just pretended that nothing was new! It wasn't easy because my Genetics students started their disorder presentations that day so I got to sit through hours of all the different things that can go wrong when sperm meets egg!
When I got home I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy, so I took another test (they come in packs of 3) and it too was positive, no question about it.
I didn't even tell Mike until I blurted it out at dinner that night. He was talking about something and I just said, "I think I'm pregnant."
He said, "Why?"
We sat there and talked about it for a while, and ended up deciding that we are lucky. That night we were a little more scared than happy, but we knew that would change eventually.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?