Friday, October 20, 2006

 

I Heart Oyster Crackers! (or) Food is Not My Friend.

(Flashback #2: The weekend before I found out I was pregnant, we went to Branson with my parents and my brother's family. We spent Saturday at Silver Dollar City riding rides! So if this baby comes out with it's pieces and parts all in the wrong place, blame the Powder Keg!)
The first couple weeks, I didn't have any problems with morning sickness or nausea. As long as I drank some chocolate soy milk first thing in the morning, I felt pretty good the rest of the day. Then, soy milk started making me sick! Starting about the 6th week, food stopped sounding good. I'm very lucky that I haven't actually thrown up yet, but I have to force myself to eat anything. Drinking is even worse. I can't drink things that are cold, so I just drink room temperature water REALLY slowly and put up with how nauseous it makes me!
I just have to keep telling myself, "this is worth it, this is worth it." It sure does make dealing with high school students every day less fun! My genetics students picked out a movie to watch called Body Snatchers, which was all about how a fetus "hijacked" its mother's body and all of the terrible things that happen to her. I sat there sweating trying to pretend I wasn't paying attention. Not a movie that newly pregnant women should watch!
One of my co-workers just had a sweet baby boy in January, so she knew to bring me oyster crackers. I eat a few at a time, all day long. If one more of my students (it's always the boys) asks me "how come" I get to eat class and they don't, I'm going to scream, "As soon as you get pregnant and feel like crap 24/7 you're welcome to bring your own oyster crackers!!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?